Dornoch Area Community Interest Company (DACIC)is a company limited by guarantee who work to improve the economy of the Dornoch area. They are all volunteers who aim to connect with local businesses to promote the town as a tourist destination. They own the Visitdornoch.com domain and Dornoch.org.uk and any revenues from these sites go towards supporting local initiatives which meet the aims of the group.
DADCA is a volunteer run charity whose twin aims are to establish and maintain a community building in Dornoch and to help promote and encourage voluntary groups and individuals active within the Dornoch area.
Dornoch Area Community Council meets on the third Wednesday of each month - except in July. Meetings are open to the public and you are invited to present any points of view or items for discussion at the end of the meeting. If you wish a matter to be placed on the Agenda please contact the Minutes and Correspondence secretary Lesley Conner at firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days before the next meeting.
Volunteer crew in-shore lifeboat covering the Dornoch Firth area based at Dornoch beach, covering inshore waters from Helmsdale to Tarbat Ness.
The East Sutherland Rotary Club is the only Rotary Club in the county and is an hour north of Inverness and an hour south of the Thurso Club; and it represents the coastal towns and villages of Bonar Bridge, Dornoch, Golspie, Brora and Helmsdale plus their hinterland
The Dornoch Firth Group was established in 2007. It seeks to serve the community of East Sutherland. The DFG became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) in August 2011. The management group initially made up of members of the Church of Scotland churches now includes the wider community.
Supporting unpaid carers throughout Highland.
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events