Dornoch Pipe Band
The Dornoch Pipe Band was formed in 1926 and apart from a gap over the war years, has been active ever since.
The Band are very much in demand for local parades, gala days and gatherings. Each summer from the end of May until the beginning of September the band plays every Saturday night at 8 pm in Dornoch Square.
First parade of the season in 26th May 2018
There will be no parade on Saturday 30th June or 18th August 2018 due to other commitments.
This is a popular family event for locals and visitors alike. Crowds line Castle Street to welcome the band and children march alongside the band as it parades up to the Castle and back down to the Square. Often there is a display of Highland Dancing during the evening while the band take a short break.
As the nights begin to draw in at the end of the summer, the last night of the Pipe Band in September sees Pipe Major Willie Fraser on the floodlit battlements of the Castle - a special occasion not to missed.
- 2018-04-11 New café at 'Gordon House'
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Silent Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service