Dornoch Pipe Band
The Dornoch Pipe Band was formed in 1926 and apart from a gap over the war years, has been active ever since.
The Band are very much in demand for local parades, gala days and gatherings. Each summer from the end of May until the beginning of September the band plays every Saturday night at 8pm in Dornoch Square.
First parade of the season in 27th May 2017
This is a popular family events for locals and visitors alike. Crowds line Castle Street to welcome the band and children march alongside the band as it parades up to the Castle and back down to the Square. Often there is a display of Highland Dancing during the evening while the band take a short break.
As the nights begin to draw in at the end of the summer, the last night of the Pipe Band in September sees Pipe Major Willie Fraser on the floodlit battlements of the Castle - a special occasion not to missed.
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?
- 2017-07-10 £200,000 fund to help tourism on North Coast 500
- 2017-07-03 Kyiv Duo return to St Finnbarr's 26th July
- 2017-06-16 New Cleaning service launched
- 2017-06-10 Two Countryside Ranger Events in June
- 2017-06-06 New Ballroom & Latin Dancing Classes in Clashmore
- 2017-06-06 Sutherland Community Partnership Newsletter
- 2017-03-27 Dornoch Academy pupils fund raiser for the Foodbank
- 2017-03-08 Golspie is the place to site your driving test
- 2017-03-08 Skye's Oyster Shed coming to Dornoch