Dornoch Area Community Council
Dornoch IV25 3PW
The Community Council only exists because people are willing to stand for election in order to serve on it. It is statutory, but is not another tier of local government; although Community Councils have statutory duties in terms of licensing and planning however they are essentially voluntary bodies established within a statutory framework.
The Community Council is here to:
* Represent the views of the community to The Highland Council and other public bodies operating in their area
* Act to further the interests of their communities
* Be consulted on planning applications within their area
* Consider exercising their powers to object to the granting, renewal or transfer of liquor licences.
Details of how to contact the councillors can be found at www.dornochareacommunitycouncil.com You will also find the mintues of the latest meeting and past meetings on this site.
The Council meets on the third Wednesday of each month (except July) at 7.00pm in the Council Chambers above the Library and meetings are open to all.
To see minutes of past meetings please visit our website www.dornochareacommunitycouncil.com
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events