Dornoch and Embo included in Good Beach Guide
Keep Scotland Beautfiul has published 61 Scottish beaches in its annual guide
see below for reports on local beaches at Dornoch and Embo
Dornoch Beach - Highland
This beautiful expanse of golden sand is close to the historic town of Dornoch. The beach is also recognised for its nesting birds, flora and fauna. Dornoch is off the A9. Head into town, turn right at the town square, and follow signs to beach. A bus service is provided by City Link and Stagecoach.
Embo Beach - Highland
A belt of dunes offer some shelter from the prevailing wind, making this beach the perfect destination for walkers, families and any beach lover. Embo is off the A9 via Dornoch. Follow the signs for Embo (3 miles).
Both beaches are recognised as family friendly, recreation friendly and good for wildlife.
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events