A rare chance to meet Rosamunde Pilcher
The annual Dornoch Book Fair starts with a rare chance to meet the world famous author Rosamunde Pilcher, who has sold 60 million books and was awarded "Romantic Novelist of the Year" in 1996 for "Coming Home". Rosamunde will be speaking about her books and life as an author, with her son Robin Pilcher, also an award winning author, on Friday 27th June in Dornoch Social Club.
Rosamunde has been coming to Dornoch for years and Bank House, her holiday home, and Dornoch's surrounding area provided the inspiration behind her best selling novel "Winter Solstice". Rosamunde and Robin have generously offered to perform their "double act" to help raise money for the new community centre, so please support this event!
Entry into this event is by ticket only. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Dornoch Book Shop or the Service Point. You can also buy on-line with payment via PayPal, debit or credit card, using the link below.
The evening starts at 7.00 p.m. when doors open. The ticket price of £12 includes complementary refreshments on arrival and there will be entertainment from a musical quartet prior to Rosamunde & Robin taking to the stage at approximately 7.45 p.m.
It is hoped that both Rosamunde and Robin may be available for booking signings at the end of the evening.
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?