Registration now open for Dornoch 10 Mile Treasure Walk
The Dornoch Area Community Interest Company (DACIC) is pleased to invite you to take part in the Dornoch 10 Mile Treasure Walk on Saturday 20th September. It will be an opportunity to raise important funds for your favourite charity and to have a good day out in lovely Dornoch with its Cathedral and medieval bishop’s palace and the surrounding area which is set in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This is a great family day out. Everyone can go at their own pace, however quick or slow, can stop for a picnic or just to enjoy the view along the way. The treasure hunt is a fun addition to the day and will help you learn a little more about the area and maybe to spot some things which you might otherwise miss.
The route is an easy walk through the town, through woodland and by Dornoch’s glorious beach. Dogs on leads are welcome but dog owners must clear up after their dogs. The route is buggy or wheelchair friendly though a short patch of approximately 500 yards might be a bit rough. Please contact the organisers (DACIC) if you need more information on this.
The Walk will begin and end at Dornoch Academy which is the first building inside the town’s boundary. There is ample parking. There will be a registration area inside the school building where you check in before starting your walk. You must also check in there to confirm you have completed the course. You can register and then set off at any time between 10.00 am and 11.30 am.
The following charities are supporting the event:
Alzheimers Scotland, Blythswood, Dornoch and District Community Association (DADCA), Macmillan Cancer Support, The Archie Foundation and Highland Hospice
For more information and to register click here.
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?
- 2017-07-10 £200,000 fund to help tourism on North Coast 500
- 2017-07-03 Kyiv Duo return to St Finnbarr's 26th July
- 2017-06-16 New Cleaning service launched