Scottish Court Service initiate the Community Right to Buy
The Scottish Court Service has informed the Scottish Ministers that the Sheriff Court Building and associated land is for sale. As The Dornoch Community Interest Company (DACIC) has a registereed interest, it now has until 21 Spetember to confirm that it wishes to proceed with a Community Right to Buy bid.
If DACIC decides to proceed the timetable would be:
• Scottish Ministers appoint a Valuer by 28th September who takes representations from DACIC and the Scottish Court Service
• Valuer reports by 9th November
• Ballot held by 7th December of all on the Electoral Roll in IV25 (~ 2000) . To be successful at least 50% of the electorate (~ 1000) must vote, and at least 50% of those voting must be in favour (more than 500).
• Scottish Ministers review the Ballot results and Business Plan and give their decision by 28 December
• If decision is favourable, purchase price to be raised by 20th March 2014
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?