DACIC hold Public Meeting in Court Room
The Court House was open to the public during the afternoon of 27th August and a publc meeting was held in the evening, attended by over 70 people. DACIC presented their ideas for community ownership of the building:
• Retain the Service Point and Tourist Information (24,000 visitors per year!)
• Court Room as venue for civil weddings, lectures and Court Heritage display
• 4 upstairs offices for business rental (please get in touch if you would be interested in hiring one)
• Mixture of retail (interest from seller of Antiquarian books), office and meeting rooms on the ground floor
• Small Exhibition space ground floor (e.g. Historylinks)
• Create a botanic garden to the rear as an all weather attraction & horticultural training facility
There were 120 members of DACIC before the open day and 57 new members signed up on the day. Membership is open to all those on the electoral register in IV25. Application forms are available on the Get In Touch page on the Home menu of this website and in the Servcie Point and Post Office.
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?