Highland Hospice Helping Hands - 4th May
Highland Hospice Helping Hands
Royal Dornoch Golf Club on Wednesday 4th May at 14.00
Do you know of any palliative care patients who could benefit from company or companionship? Highland Hospice have introduced a new service in the Highlands designed to support people with a life shortening illness in their own communities. We have a team of specially recruited and trained volunteers who visit people regularly in their own homes to provide company and support.
Some people already using the service receive visits to enable their carer to go out, whilst others go on shopping trips or to their hospital appointments with their befriender. Although the service is in its infancy we are receiving positive feedback from the people who are using this new service.
The service is currently running in the following postcodes, however there are plans to expand the service later this year. Current postcodes: IV16, IV17, IV18, IV19, IV20, IV24 & IV 25.
We would welcome you to come along and hear a bit more about this service from service manager Susan Smith at Royal Dornoch Golf Club on Wednesday 4th May at 14.00.
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events