2nd WorldHost Training Course hailed a success
The Dornoch Area Community Interest Company (DACIC) organised the second WorldHost training session for Dornoch businesses on Thursday 20th March. There were twelve delegates on the course from the Dornoch Inn, The Royal Dornoch Hotel, The Castle Hotel, Dornoch Farm Butchers, Nisa, Sule Skerry Homestay and Wester Whinhill Self Catering. The full day course was "The Principles of Customer Service" and delegates learnt to refine their listening skills, how to deliver the WOW factor and the lifetime value of a customer. There was a lot of banter between the participants as they relayed stories of good and bad service they had experienced, and all felt the benefit of working through the course together. Many had not met face to face before and so it was good to know that many businesses face the same challenges. Ideas on good practice were exchanged and the day was fuelled on excellent shortbread, lunch, teas & coffees provided by the venue hosts, The Castle Hotel. Three businesses now qualify for WorldHost status, having trained 50% of their staff, so a start has been made towards the 25% of tourism businesses needed to become a WorldHost destination. The course was delivered by the Highland Retail Academy.
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?