Final preparations for Hogmanay Party
Provost Yvonne Ross and her team of helpers have been hard at work all day getting the Square ready for tonight's festivities. The lorry kindly supplied by Bannerman's of Tain is in position - ready to act as the stage for the Durness based band "Blue Ridge". The roof top of the Castle Hotel where lone pipe Willie Fraser will stand at midnight has been prepared and later on the fireworks will be put in position.
Raffle tickets are on sale for the draw that will be made after midnight - first prize £250, 2nd £150 and 3rd £100.
The Social Club on Schol Hill will host a warm up Ceilidh from 8-10:30 this evening and a mini Pipe Band will march from Wee Spar at 10:20 to be in the Square to open the street party at 10:30.
The Lone Piper will pipe in the New Year ahead of the bells at midnight. All eyes will then be on the magnificent firework display. This will be followed by a huge community rendition of "Auld Lang Syne" before the street partry resumes for the second session - ending at 1:30 am.
If you can't be with us - watch all the fun on the web cam.
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?
- 2017-07-10 £200,000 fund to help tourism on North Coast 500
- 2017-07-03 Kyiv Duo return to St Finnbarr's 26th July
- 2017-06-16 New Cleaning service launched