Community Development Manager £29,500 per annum
Have you got what it takes to make a difference to our community?
The Dornoch Area Community Interest Company (DACIC) has secured funding from Beatrice Offshore Windfarm Ltd and Dornoch Common Good Fund to employ a Community Development Manager.
This is a two year, full time contract to manage the implementation of two new asset based projects, one of which is a conversion of the Police Station into a business and creative hub and the second Project Curlew a new build multi-purpose venue and curling rink.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in community development and a good track record of securing substantial funding from a range of sources. The voluntary board of DACIC has a clear vision for the future direction of the social enterprise and requires a manager to realise the potential and lead the organisation on its exciting path to deliver sustainable benefits to the community.
Dornoch is an historic Royal Burgh in the Scottish Highlands with 13th century Cathedral, Castle, Jail & Courthouse in golden sandstone, nestled around the green and Square, where summer markets are held and the Pipe Band marches on Saturday evenings. Royal Dornoch Championship Golf Course is rated #2 in the World by Golf Digest and tourism is the main industry. Since 2013, DACIC has worked with the local Business Group to develop and promote events to extend the visitor season and enhance the visitor experience.
Applications are invited for this post. The closing date is noon on Thursday 13th December. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 19th December.
Please see the supporting documents below
Application Form here
Job Specification here
Person Description here
If you have any queries please email
- 2018-11-18 Community Development Manager £29,500 per annum
- 2018-11-18 Job Vacancies at Royal Dornoch Golf Club
- 2018-10-02 Police Station Update
- 2018-10-02 Mindfulness Class
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March