Dornoch Pipe Band
The Dornoch Pipe Band was formed in 1926 and apart from a gap over the war years, and for COVID has been active ever since.
The Band are very much in demand for local parades, gala days and gatherings. Each summer from the end of May until the beginning of September the band plays every Saturday night at 8pm in Dornoch Square.
This is a popular family events for locals and visitors alike. Crowds line Castle Street to welcome the band and children march alongside the band as it parades up to the Castle and back down to the Square. Often there is a display of Highland Dancing during the evening while the band take a short break.
As the nights begin to draw in at the end of the summer, the last night of the Pipe Band in September sees Pipe Major Willie Fraser on the floodlit battlements of the Castle - a special occasion not to missed.
- 2023-11-14 Can you help St Finnbarrs?
- 2023-11-03 Bonfire & Fireworks Display Saturday 4 November
- 2023-10-26 Community Markets move indoors for winter
- 2023-09-05 East Sutherland Camera Club 23-24 Session
- 2023-08-28 Chi Kung explained
- 2023-08-25 UHI Talk
- 2023-08-25 Caithness & Sutherland Transport Survey
- 2023-08-16 Dornoch South MUGA by DACIC
- 2023-07-16 Next Car Boot 29th July
- 2023-06-23 Next Car boot Sale Saturday 1st July