Dornoch Pipe Band
We have missed the Pipe Band the last two years due to COVID, so look forward to their return in 2022 if regulations permit.
The Dornoch Pipe Band was formed in 1926 and apart from a gap over the war years, has been active ever since.
The Band are very much in demand for local parades, gala days and gatherings. Each summer from the end of May until the beginning of September the band plays every Saturday night at 8pm in Dornoch Square.
This is a popular family events for locals and visitors alike. Crowds line Castle Street to welcome the band and children march alongside the band as it parades up to the Castle and back down to the Square. Often there is a display of Highland Dancing during the evening while the band take a short break.
As the nights begin to draw in at the end of the summer, the last night of the Pipe Band in September sees Pipe Major Willie Fraser on the floodlit battlements of the Castle - a special occasion not to missed.
- 2022-06-14 Dornoch War Memorial Centenary Commemoration
- 2022-06-14 Paid for Garden Waste Collection for 2022
- 2022-06-03 ROYAL DORNOCH SEEKS COMMUNITY FUND APPLICATIONS
- 2022-05-17 The Jubilee Street Party (4th June) needs You!
- 2022-05-16 Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 2022-05-16 Platinum Jubilee Celebration Decorated Golf Bag Competition
- 2022-04-13 Free fix if TV interference occurs in Dornoch
- 2022-04-12 Plans for Jubilee Street Party
- 2022-04-11 Student Accommodation Needed for 22-23 session
- 2022-04-06 Would you use Community Transport based at the Hub?