Dornoch Pipe Band
The Dornoch Pipe Band was formed in 1926 and apart from a gap over the war years, has been active ever since.
The Band are very much in demand for local parades, gala days and gatherings. Each summer from the end of May until the beginning of September the band plays every Saturday night at 8pm in Dornoch Square.
First parade of the season in 25th May 2019
This is a popular family events for locals and visitors alike. Crowds line Castle Street to welcome the band and children march alongside the band as it parades up to the Castle and back down to the Square. Often there is a display of Highland Dancing during the evening while the band take a short break.
As the nights begin to draw in at the end of the summer, the last night of the Pipe Band in September sees Pipe Major Willie Fraser on the floodlit battlements of the Castle - a special occasion not to missed.
- 2019-06-18 The Last Witch performance by the Cathedral Youth Group
- 2019-05-14 North Coast on Canvas
- 2019-04-05 Help Michelle Sinclair raise money for Highland Hospice
- 2019-02-22 BBC TV Test Drive looking for applicants
- 2019-02-21 ESRA Fund Raiser Indian Night
- 2018-11-18 Community Development Manager £29,500 per annum
- 2018-11-18 Job Vacancies at Royal Dornoch Golf Club
- 2018-10-02 Police Station Update
- 2018-10-02 Mindfulness Class
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library