Dornoch Pipe Band
The Dornoch Pipe Band was formed in 1926 and apart from a gap over the war years, has been active ever since.
The Band are very much in demand for local parades, gala days and gatherings. Each summer from the end of May until the beginning of September the band plays every Saturday night at 8pm in Dornoch Square.
First parade of the season is 25th May 2019
Last parade of the season is 14th September 2019
This is a popular family events for locals and visitors alike. Crowds line Castle Street to welcome the band and children march alongside the band as it parades up to the Castle and back down to the Square. Often there is a display of Highland Dancing during the evening while the band take a short break.
As the nights begin to draw in at the end of the summer, the last night of the Pipe Band in September sees Pipe Major Willie Fraser on the floodlit battlements of the Castle - a special occasion not to missed.
- 2019-10-28 Remember, remember 5th November
- 2019-10-11 Dornoch in Winter
- 2019-09-21 Your views wanted on plans for a community farm
- 2019-09-19 Scottish Land Fund award for the Dornoch HUB
- 2019-09-16 Launch of Dornoch Firth Men's Shed
- 2019-09-15 Squash Club AGM - 8th October
- 2019-09-12 Samba & Rumba Dance Classes
- 2019-09-09 Sound Bath at Embo
- 2019-09-09 Best Start Food Payments new information
- 2019-08-21 Dornoch Guild Week