Kiss the Water - film about Sutherland's Megan Boyd
In the week of the Helmsdale River Opening, Timespan is screening Kiss the Water, a new film directed by Eric Steel which tells the story of fly fishing legend and Loth resident, Megan Boyd.
Friday 17 January at 2.30pm & 7.30pm
Tickets £5 (includes complimentary drink)
Whisky tasting courtesy of Clynelish Distillery before evening screening from 6.30pm
Meet the producers and live link with the director in New York
Raffle to win a bottle of Clynelish Malt Whisky
Chat to local cast celebrities
Display of Victorian fishing rods and Megan Boyd memorabilia on show
To book tickets, please email email@example.com.
“In every strand, in every fibre, there is a story, a fairy tale, a truth waiting to be unraveled.”
In a small cottage on the northern coast of Scotland, Megan Boyd twirled tiny bits of feather and fur, silver and gold into fishing flies that were at once works of art, magical – and absolutely lethal. Wherever men and women cast their lines for the mighty Atlantic salmon, her name is whispered in mythic reverence, and stories about her surface and swirl like fairy tales. With breathtaking cinematography and expressive, hand painted animation, Kiss the Water spins the facts and fictions of one woman’s life into a stunning film about craft, devotion, love and its illusions.
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland