New Boatshed for ESRA? Your views wanted
Highland Council has opened a consultation on the proposed disposal, by lease, of an area of Common Good land to East Sutherland Rescue Association. The consultation is open until 11 September 2019. The lease would allow ESRA to advance their plans for a new building to meet the ever more stringent legislation on lifeboat cover and keep our award-winning beach safe. We are very fortunate to have so many volunteers in our community willing to put their lives at risk to save others.
The proposed new building would allow easier & quicker launch of the lifeboat improved working conditions for the team (e.g. water, toilets & heating) as well as improved viewing of the coastline and a training room to ensure the crew members' skills are kept up to date.
Members of the public are invited to comment on the proposed lease which will go forward to the Sheriff Court to determine if the lease will be issued. Please click here for more details
- 2019-10-11 Dornoch in Winter
- 2019-09-21 Your views wanted on plans for a community farm
- 2019-09-19 Scottish Land Fund award for the Dornoch HUB
- 2019-09-16 Launch of Dornoch Firth Men's Shed
- 2019-09-15 Squash Club AGM - 8th October
- 2019-09-12 Samba & Rumba Dance Classes
- 2019-09-09 Sound Bath at Embo
- 2019-09-09 Best Start Food Payments new information
- 2019-08-21 Dornoch Guild Week
- 2019-08-05 Sound Bath at The Old School, Embo