ROYAL DORNOCH SEEKS COMMUNITY FUND APPLICATIONS
APPLICATIONS are being invited for the Royal Dornoch Golf Club Community Fund.
Since being established eight years ago, nearly £40,000 has been distributed to a wide range of deserving causes in and around the Highland town.
During the pandemic, the golf club management committee opted to make payments of £5000 to NHS Sutherland and £5000 to the Community Resilience Group.
Now, with community activities returning to normal, Royal Dornoch general manager Neil Hampton is inviting applications for grant support from organisations in the IV25 postcode.
“Back in 2014 the council of management took the decision to create a Community Fund,” he said.
“As a golf club with roots deep in the local community going back nearly 150 years, we are keen to see the town continue to thrive and grow.
“Around £10,000 has been earmarked annually to support local community and voluntary groups.
“They are welcome to apply for grant support on an informal basis for any special project or event they are running this year.
“There’s no complicated forms to fill in. Applicants just have to write in to the club and tell us what they are doing, what resources are needed and how the grant would help them.”
Organisations which have benefited in the past from Community Fund grants include local schools, youth and church groups, sports clubs and environmental improvement projects.
“We are open to ideas and anything which will benefit the community in the Dornoch and Embo area,” said Neil.
Applications should be made to the Community Fund, Royal Dornoch Golf Club, Golf Road, Dornoch IV25 3LW or email email@example.com before Friday, June 24.
- 2022-06-14 Dornoch War Memorial Centenary Commemoration
- 2022-06-14 Paid for Garden Waste Collection for 2022
- 2022-06-03 ROYAL DORNOCH SEEKS COMMUNITY FUND APPLICATIONS
- 2022-05-17 The Jubilee Street Party (4th June) needs You!
- 2022-05-16 Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 2022-05-16 Platinum Jubilee Celebration Decorated Golf Bag Competition
- 2022-04-13 Free fix if TV interference occurs in Dornoch
- 2022-04-12 Plans for Jubilee Street Party
- 2022-04-11 Student Accommodation Needed for 22-23 session
- 2022-04-06 Would you use Community Transport based at the Hub?