Yarn Bombing kick-starts the run-up to Fibre Fest
Dornoch's Catherdal Green was decorated yesterday by "yarn-bombing" the trees.
This involved a group of unidentified hoodlums (average age 60) wrapping the trees in woollen knitted squares in a bid to publicise the forthcoming Dornoch Fibre Fest. (The squares were made by people with learning difficulties in Dover, where they were used in a yarnbombing to mark the arrival of the Olympic torch in 2012...)
For more information on Fibre Fest please click here. The master classes are filling up so don't delay, book today!
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland