Final preparations for Hogmanay Party
Provost Yvonne Ross and her team of helpers have been hard at work all day getting the Square ready for tonight's festivities. The lorry kindly supplied by Bannerman's of Tain is in position - ready to act as the stage for the Durness based band "Blue Ridge". The roof top of the Castle Hotel where lone pipe Willie Fraser will stand at midnight has been prepared and later on the fireworks will be put in position.
Raffle tickets are on sale for the draw that will be made after midnight - first prize £250, 2nd £150 and 3rd £100.
The Social Club on Schol Hill will host a warm up Ceilidh from 8-10:30 this evening and a mini Pipe Band will march from Wee Spar at 10:20 to be in the Square to open the street party at 10:30.
The Lone Piper will pipe in the New Year ahead of the bells at midnight. All eyes will then be on the magnificent firework display. This will be followed by a huge community rendition of "Auld Lang Syne" before the street partry resumes for the second session - ending at 1:30 am.
If you can't be with us - watch all the fun on the web cam.
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland