Award Winning Play comes to Carnegie Hall, Clashmore
Save Wednesday 6th April in your diary to see this moving play by Morna Young who won teh New Payright's Award 2014
Keep busy, eh? Hope we’ll get a body, mebbe. The widden spoon. A knock on the door wi a wooden spoon.
A father and his two sons are lost at sea. Three women adapt to their lives as widows. Kitty can’t stop knitting. Alison needs looking after. Sylvia wants to forget.
Then, one day, a knock on the door. A body has been found. One body, three women. Who does it belong to?
Set in the north of Scotland, “Netting” is a moving story about finding closure after unimaginable loss.
Developed as part of Morna Young’s New Playwright’s Award 2014 (Playwright’s Studio, Scotland) and first produced at a Play, a Pie and a Pint at Òran Mór, Glasgow and The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen, this Scotland wide tour of NETTING is presented as a co-production between playwright Morna Young, director Allie Butler and Woodend Barn, Banchory.
Tickets: £10 or £5 for accompanied under 16’s. Buy in advance from Mitchells the Chemist, Dornoch, or on the night at the door.
Morna Young's writing is powerfully rooted in their immediate loss, but the conflicting emotions she portrays - and those she astutely leaves unspoken - are the bone marrow of our humanity. Director Allie Butler and her cracking cast subtly negotiate the treacherous currents between the sheer banality, grim humour and corrosive despair of a grief that can't be cast off, like a piece of Kitty's knitting. (4*, MARY BRENNAN, THE HERALD)
..a poignant, heart-felt and emotionally honest play… (4*, PAUL F COCKBURN, BROADWAY BABY)
Magnificent cast nets a winner… an hour of engrossing entertainment. (COLIN ARMSTRONG, EVENING EXPRESS)
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland