New Visitor Centre Opens in Dornoch
Phase 1 of the new Carnegie Courthouse was unveiled yesterday, with the opening of the new Visitor Centre and Service Point. The room is bright and airy thanks to the new glass wall entrance, and the new design features a full wall graphic of the view from the Dornoch bridge looking towards Bonar. There are four large canvas prints above the main literature display and a self-help desk for visitors to plan their trip.
The major renovation of the old service point into a modern visitor centre has been funded jointly from the community fund administered by DACIC and Todd & Liz Warnock. The community raised £20,000 from 119 donations ranging from £5 to £5000 to enable this project to proceed. Our sincere thanks to all those who have invested in Dornoch's future through their donations.
- 2018-08-21 Meet the Author - 30th August - Tain Library
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland