Survey reveals 99% visitors would return to Dornoch
An encouraging 99% of people who responded to a visitor survey said they would return to Dornoch.
Dornoch Area Community Interest Company (DACIC) gathered the information as part of its response to the Dornoch Economic Masterplan. North Highland Initiative carried out a survey of accommodation providers for DACIC, to gain an insight into the number of bedrooms available, the pattern of occupancy and the type of visitors attracted - which revealed that Dornoch's occupancy rate is higher in the summer than the Scottish average but lower in the winter. However more oeverseas visitors are attracted to Dornoch than the Highlands as a whole. The third survey, "How our Customers See Us" carried out by the Highland Retail Academy, commented on Dornoch's unspoilt character, the wide range of shops and services available and the attractive flower displays. However it also highlighted poor signage e.g. there is no road sign for the major attraction of the Royal Dornoch Golf Course until it is visible!
DACIC will now consult with local people to dig deeper and discover what is special or unique about Dornoch - to answer the question "Why Dornoch?" What makes it different from Tain, Beauly, Ullapool, Brora as a tourist destination? This is the next step in developing "the Dornoch Brand" one of the aims of the Masterplan.
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events