Kiss the Water - film about Sutherland's Megan Boyd
In the week of the Helmsdale River Opening, Timespan is screening Kiss the Water, a new film directed by Eric Steel which tells the story of fly fishing legend and Loth resident, Megan Boyd.
Friday 17 January at 2.30pm & 7.30pm
Tickets £5 (includes complimentary drink)
Whisky tasting courtesy of Clynelish Distillery before evening screening from 6.30pm
Meet the producers and live link with the director in New York
Raffle to win a bottle of Clynelish Malt Whisky
Chat to local cast celebrities
Display of Victorian fishing rods and Megan Boyd memorabilia on show
To book tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“In every strand, in every fibre, there is a story, a fairy tale, a truth waiting to be unraveled.”
In a small cottage on the northern coast of Scotland, Megan Boyd twirled tiny bits of feather and fur, silver and gold into fishing flies that were at once works of art, magical – and absolutely lethal. Wherever men and women cast their lines for the mighty Atlantic salmon, her name is whispered in mythic reverence, and stories about her surface and swirl like fairy tales. With breathtaking cinematography and expressive, hand painted animation, Kiss the Water spins the facts and fictions of one woman’s life into a stunning film about craft, devotion, love and its illusions.
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?
- 2017-07-10 £200,000 fund to help tourism on North Coast 500
- 2017-07-03 Kyiv Duo return to St Finnbarr's 26th July
- 2017-06-16 New Cleaning service launched