New BBC ALBA series follows life of minister's wife in Tain
Bean a’ Mhinisteir (The Minister’s Wife) is a new six-part series on BBC ALBA which follows the lives of three very different ministers’ wives – including Mairi MacAulay, who is starting out as a minister’s wife in Tain.
Mairi’s husband, Rev. Alasdair MacAulay, has recently been inducted into Tain and Fearn Free Church.
For Mairi this is the beginning of a new chapter in her life as she, Alasdair and their young family adapt to life in the manse.
The other two wives featured are Ruth Rankin, a dynamic young community arts officer for the Church of Scotland, who is married to Rev. David Rankin. And whose parish is in Gracemount, Edinburgh; and Jo Moir, who is married to Captain Stephen Moir, a Salvation Army officer. However, as well as being a minister’s wife, Jo is also an Army Captain herself.
Bean a’ Mhinisteir will start on Friday, 10 January.
- 2018-06-14 Home working job vacancies
- 2018-06-05 Have your say in Sutherland Survey
- 2018-04-28 Courthouse Cafe Evening Opening
- 2018-03-29 St Gilbert's Week Concert - Tuesay 3rd April
- 2018-03-20 Have your say on Housing on 28th March
- 2018-03-04 Success for 15-year-old Reece MacLeod
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events