Award Winning Play comes to Carnegie Hall, Clashmore
Save Wednesday 6th April in your diary to see this moving play by Morna Young who won teh New Payright's Award 2014
Keep busy, eh? Hope we’ll get a body, mebbe. The widden spoon. A knock on the door wi a wooden spoon.
A father and his two sons are lost at sea. Three women adapt to their lives as widows. Kitty can’t stop knitting. Alison needs looking after. Sylvia wants to forget.
Then, one day, a knock on the door. A body has been found. One body, three women. Who does it belong to?
Set in the north of Scotland, “Netting” is a moving story about finding closure after unimaginable loss.
Developed as part of Morna Young’s New Playwright’s Award 2014 (Playwright’s Studio, Scotland) and first produced at a Play, a Pie and a Pint at Òran Mór, Glasgow and The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen, this Scotland wide tour of NETTING is presented as a co-production between playwright Morna Young, director Allie Butler and Woodend Barn, Banchory.
Tickets: £10 or £5 for accompanied under 16’s. Buy in advance from Mitchells the Chemist, Dornoch, or on the night at the door.
Morna Young's writing is powerfully rooted in their immediate loss, but the conflicting emotions she portrays - and those she astutely leaves unspoken - are the bone marrow of our humanity. Director Allie Butler and her cracking cast subtly negotiate the treacherous currents between the sheer banality, grim humour and corrosive despair of a grief that can't be cast off, like a piece of Kitty's knitting. (4*, MARY BRENNAN, THE HERALD)
..a poignant, heart-felt and emotionally honest play… (4*, PAUL F COCKBURN, BROADWAY BABY)
Magnificent cast nets a winner… an hour of engrossing entertainment. (COLIN ARMSTRONG, EVENING EXPRESS)
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?
- 2017-07-10 £200,000 fund to help tourism on North Coast 500
- 2017-07-03 Kyiv Duo return to St Finnbarr's 26th July
- 2017-06-16 New Cleaning service launched