Burghfield Hosts Young Highland Chef of the Year
On Monday 28th October, eight young chefs had a cook-off in Burghfield House Hotel with the judging panel chaired by Albert Roux. The winner was Victoria Edwards (18), a chef de partie at Bunchrew House, Inverness. Runner up was Michel Buczkowski (30) of Skibo Castle and in third place was Katie McFarlan-Slack (24) of The Ivy Room Restaurant, Ballachulish. Albert Roux said that the competition, now in its third year, had set an amazingly high standard. This year's recipes for a three course meal had to include dishes with scallops, lamb and pears.
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?