Dornoch Treasure Hunt Winner anounced
The Dornoch Treasure Hunt took place on Friday 2nd January as part of the New Year Celebrations. Contestants followed a one hour walking trail of the town to find answers to the clues, looking in shop windows, at artefacts round the town and studying the Historylinks Museum signs, then solving an anagram. Finally as a tie breaker they had to come up with 3 words to describe their Dornoch New Year.
There were 24 entries of which 3 had all answers correct. The tie breaker then came into play with the sponsors Dornoch Town and Country Lettings choosing the winning phrase "Wonderful, Wild, Waves". The wining entry was from Millie Orr of Edinburgh who was visiting with her parents and brothers.
The prize is a two night stay in Dornoch for up to eight people, during February, March, October or November, 2015 at a date to be arranged with Dornoch Town & Country Lettings. The winner will receive 5 star accommodation at Knockbreck House, High Street, Dornoch. This will include all linen, towels and all utilities. It also includes the use of Free Wi Fi and Sky TV (including sports). This fantastic prize is worth £600, so well done Millie!
- 2018-02-05 New FREE evening craft classes start 13th February
- 2018-01-08 OBE for Professor David Bell
- 2017-12-19 A fair deal for Sutherland
- 2017-10-18 Coul Links - Public Information Events
- 2017-10-02 Slient Auction for Marie Curie
- 2017-09-26 Dornoch Stores introduces Cash Back service
- 2017-09-11 £140 discount from SSE
- 2017-08-21 Mobile Banking Service announced
- 2017-08-18 Royal Dornoch Golf Club are Hiring!
- 2017-07-25 Break-ins in Dornoch - can you help?